We would like to provide you with the latest update Hurricane FIONA. Likewise, for the latest advisory issued by the official National Hurricane Center, click on NOAA.GOV.
FIONA has made landfall early this morning and now moving away from the Dominican Republic, after causing major flooding and mudslides in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. FIONA is now tracking north into the southwest Atlantic Ocean where it’s expected to intensify.
We are pleased to report that our entire Palladium Travel Club family, both members and staff, are safe. There is some minor damage affecting mainly gardens and outdoor public areas, as expected, but nothing significant to be concerned about. Due to this action today the themed restaurants will be closed but the buffets will operate as normal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
We would like to thank our great operations team who are already cleaning up the areas and preparing to resume operations, please be assured that all of our Grand Palladium and TRS hotels in Punta Cana and Cap Cana are open and operating, with the limitations mentioned above.
Our highest priority will always be the safety and well-being of our members and staff. As we continue to monitor weather activity this season, please note that Palladium Hotel Group’s severe weather policy remains in effect for members who are unable to arrive or depart due to flight delays and cancellations at neighbouring airports in areas that have been or are about to be impacted.
As a reminder, the following policies will remain in effect for the remainder of the 2022 Hurricane season.
Palladium Hotel Group – Severe Weather Policy 2022.
1. IN HOUSE GUESTS DEPARTING EARLY: Guests who choose to depart early from the destination will be “credited” for the unused nights that can be applied towards a future stay.
If there is a need to issue a reimbursement for the unused nights will be at the applicable “contract” rate for the specific nights not used.
2. GUESTS SCHEDULED BUT UNABLE TO DEPART: Guests who are unable to depart due to airport closures will be offered accommodations based on the applicable net contract rates. Each additional night will be at the rates indicated by brand, on a USD per person per night all-inclusive basis to be paid directly at the hotel.
3. GUESTS SCHEDULED BUT UNABLE TO ARRIVE: Guests who are unable to arrive due to cancellation of flights or airport closure (for any reason) will be able to arrive on a later date with the following options: • Arrive on first available flights after the storm and simply take the same number of nights confirmed at the same rate based on hotel availability.
• Hold a credit of the unused nights for a future stay valid one year from original arrival date and for the same hotel.
• Refund on hotel portion without penalty.
4. GUESTS CHOOSING TO RESCHEDULE AT THE SAME RESORT: Hotel will honor the current rates up to just prior to Christmas during the same calendar year based upon availability. In no case will these dates include Christmas Eve, Christmas or any time between Christmas and New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Holiday, and Presidents Week.
5. GUESTS CHOOSING A DIFFERENT DESTINATION: Guests can choose to enjoy their holiday at other resorts within the brand that are not adversely affected by weather at the time of travel. These rooms will be protected at your originally confirmed rate subject to availability.
Policy will go into effect once the US National Weather Center issues a hurricane warning to the area of any Palladium Hotel Group property.
For all our Palladium Travel Club family we always have our communication channels open in order to provide you with greater security on your next holiday:
What’s App for Palladium Travel Club:
+52 984 207 7141
Palladium Travel Club phone calls:
All our phone numbers will be redirected to 1 single line:
From USA (Toll Free): 1877 296 9330
From Canada (Toll Free): 1877 287 0724
From Mexico (Toll Free): 01 800 836 7256
From Europe and the rest of the world (toll free): +52 984 873 4801
Palladium Travel Club